Our pediatric dental office has proudly served the families of Metairie and New Orleans, LA, since 1993. That’s over 29 years of service to our community!
Our Mission Is to Provide Quality, Personalized Dental Care to Children
Dr. Christen Massey is our board-certified pediatric dentist, and we are glad to share that we have a wonderful staff with a combined 150+ years of dental experience. Our founder, Dr. Pamela Shaw, affectionately known as “the penguin dentist,” started the practice many years ago and established a reputation for quality, professional dental care for children.
You will see from our Facebook and other social media accounts that we are all about FUN. We believe that a dental office should be a place that children truly enjoy visiting. We work hard to deliver a phenomenal experience for our families!
Our name, Krewe of Smiles, says so much. We want families and children to feel like they are a part of something special… part of our KREWE!
What We Do:
- Individualized Care - We believe that individuality makes the world a better place. At our practice, the dental experience is tailored to each child’s personality and style.
- Fun Environment – Visit our Facebook page to see some of the creative and fun activities we do around the office. Sometimes being silly is JUST what a kid needs to feel comfortable!
- Safety First – We work hard to uphold very extensive sterilization policies, making our office a place where you and your family will feel safe. Our patients have been very satisfied with the level of protection we provide, which is absolutely essential during a pandemic.
- Parents Are Welcome – Parents are always able to accompany their children to our office. We want parents to be involved with the process because it’s not just the child we are helping! We teach parents brushing techniques and give really helpful tips for at home care.
- Mom Owned – Dr. Christen Massey is a mom to two kiddos and she says, “I learn so much every day from my own children that makes me a better dentist.”
- Quality Treatment – Dr. Christen Massey is a Board Certified pediatric dentist, which is the highest standard of recognition in our profession. She has a meticulous, detailed, caring approach to her work, making her a wonderful choice for a trusted children’s dentist in Metairie.
- Exceptional Service – Our team is comprised of two full-time hygienists and two full-time assistants, all with extensive experience working with children. Dr. Christen Massey offers esthetic treatment options for baby teeth as well, including white crowns.
- Sedation – Dental work can be challenging at times, even for adults, too! Many of our patients benefit from sedation. We offer both sedation in office and hospital sedation. Dr. Christen Massey is the kid's sedation dentist in Metairie and New Orleans that patients trust.
- Second Opinions – We have a conservative treatment approach and may be able to offer treatment options that are easier for the child and often less costly.
- Community Outreach – We give back by serving schools and charities in our area!
Krewe of Smiles is a pediatric dental office in Old Metairie, LA serving infants, children, teens, and special needs patients. The office also serves families throughout the Metairie, New Orleans, Kenner, and Mandeville areas. We also serve as a children's dental office for Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Charles, St. Bernard, and Plaquemine parishes.