What can you expect?
- A bright, inviting atmosphere
- A friendly, welcoming team
- Parents are welcome to accompany their children in clinical areas
- Fun sunglasses for the bright overhead light
- Your child can pick a character toothbrush that they love
- Your child can pick the flavor of toothpaste
- Our littlest patients will have a “knee to knee” exam in their parent’s lap to provide comfort
- Visual screening of the mouth with x-rays as needed
- Instructions on how to care for teeth
- Protective fluoride coating
- A fun prize at every visit
- A take-home bag
When does your child need to start seeing a dentist?
Dr. Massey wants to see patients by their FIRST BIRTHDAY! This is based on recommendations by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Dental Association. After that, visits should occur every 6 months.
What is a pediatric dentist?
As a pediatric dentist, Dr. Massey has completed two additional years of specialty training after dental school. The training includes sedation training, orthodontic treatment, different approaches to dealing with children’s behavior, knowledge of special needs patients, and growth and development of the mouth.
What does the office look like?
Our beautiful office has a fun, warm, calm, and inviting appearance. Please see our office photos under the “About Us” section of the website. The office is located in Old Metairie Village Shopping Center on Metairie Road, which provides an easy parking experience for families in an upstairs, safe location where you are welcome to sit on the benches on our balcony if you wish!